Monday, January 29, 2007

Clipse coming soon, tell a friend

I missed out on Clipse's show at the House of Blues last year while they were still living off their good-as-an-official-release mixtapes and stuck in label Hell. I WON'T make the same mistake when they play the Belly Up on St. Patrick's Day. I'll be there in all my nonexistent hip-hop swagger but still loving every minute of it.

I don't know anything about the coke game (I've never even smoked pot; I won't do anything that might increase the chance of me enjoying Sublime or Bob Marley) and I've never lived in the hood. But I absolutely connect with the hunger and spitfire of Clipse's music. Getting jerked around by labels only poured gravel on their growl, and the eons-awaited "Hell Hath No Fury" was one of the hottest (and best) records of 2006. Its motivational power makes Nas' "I Know I Can" sound like "Don't Worry Be Happy."

Clipse: March 17 at the Belly Up. The black Martha Stewart; let them show you how to do this.
Clipse — Momma I'm So Sorry (MP3)

No comments: